DEP Annual Backflow Preventer Testing
The Department of Environment Protection requires and annual inspection to be done on all backflow preventer devices. Failure to perform such test could result in fines or the disconnection of water service.
In accordance with DEP Regulation, we will perform the Annual Backflow Preventer Inspection by:
- Inspect Backflow Preventer Assembly for code compliance.
- Shut water supply valve between Backflow Preventer Assembly & Water Main.
- Perform DEP required Annual Backflow Preventer Assembly Test.
- Open water supply valve between Backflow Preventer Assembly & Water Main.
- Complete NYC DEP GEN-215B Report.
- Submit NYC DEP GEN-215B Report to the NYC DEP Cross-Connection Control Unit.
- Maintain a copy of the approved NYC DEP GEN-215B Report for 5-years.