DEC Petroleum Bulk Storage Above Ground
Monthly Tank Inspection
New York State Petroleum Bulk Storage (NYSPBS) regulations 6NYCRR Parts 612-614 require the following to be performed and recorded monthly:
- Inspect exterior surfaces of tank(s), pipes, and valves for leaks and maintenance deficiencies
- Identify areas of wear, corrosion, cracks, separation or swelling of tank insulation
- Identify poor maintenance, operating practices, and excessive settlement of structures
- Inspect all monitoring and warning systems which may be in place
- Update NYSPBS Above Ground Storage Tank Report
- Maintain a copy of the NYSPBS Above Ground Storage Tank Monthly Inspection Reports for the code required ten (10) year period.
6NYCRR Parts 612-614 is a NYS DEC code.